Ellie Gray - My Counselling Practice


Thank you for clicking to find out more about my counselling practice.

 

As if making the decision to open up to a stranger isn’t hard enough, the next step - choosing a counsellor - often feels like yet another hoop to jump through.

My counselling practise is a talking therapy, focussed on self-exploration and is centred on the belief that difficulties can send us ‘off-track’ but we all have the capacity to find our way back to our unique path in life.

I work with your needs. For example, you may need some immediate help with coping tools to manage your present symptoms, or you may want to look deeper into understanding the cause of your feelings thoughts or behaviour. I blend together different counselling approaches, adjusting the way I work according to what you bring.

My role is to explore with you, and work towards positive change, without judgement, but with empathy and care.

Most people seeking counselling do so in order to find some clarity, and not because they’ve already figured everything out (has anyone?).

I don’t expect you to start out with a perfect plan. And it’s common to turn up to counselling not quite knowing what you’re looking for.  

To give you an idea, here are a few helpful questions to ask yourself:

·       Do you want to quickly solve symptoms? e.g. you’ve been feeling anxious at work and you want to learn quick, workable tools to put into action when anxiety takes hold.

·       Do you feel that something you experienced in your past might be impacting your present, and you’d like to explore it further?

·       Do you want to understand why you are feeling or behaving the way that you are?

·       Do you feel like you’ve lost your path (whether that be career, relationships, home life etc.) and you’d like to get clearer on what you really want in life and why you are feeling this way?

·       Do you keep repeating certain behaviours or patterns that you feel are holding you back?

·       Do you need the space and time to be fully heard, and work with a counsellor towards your own self-development?

Maybe you even resonate with a whole mix of the above... Either way, don’t worry too much about nailing it down. People come to counselling for a whole bunch of different reasons. There is no right or wrong reason.

I offer short and long term counselling, as well as one-off sessions, and if you don't know what you need but want to just see how it goes, that is absolutely fine.

If what you have read about me has given you that gut feeling that you want to work with me, then I look forward to hearing from you.

Take care,

Ellie

grayscounselling@gmail.com (this email is for my private practice alongside my husband Shaun Gray, so when emailing please address your message to me by name)

Grays Counselling - https://www.facebook.com/grayscounselling/

In addition to my main private practice, I also work with Counselling for Christians www.counselling4christians.co.uk


Comments